If you’re a Microsoft Outlook user, this guide is for you. You’ll learn how to add a signature in Outlook on desktop and mobile.
Table of Contents:
Let’s dive in.
How to Add Signature in Outlook Desktop
Adding a signature to Outlook on desktop is straightforward. Whether you use Outlook for Web, Windows, or Mac – we've got you covered.
Let's explore the following steps for setting up your Outlook signature on each platform.
Outlook Email Signature Setup for Web
- Log in to your Outlook account.
- Go to Outlook settings (gear icon at the top right of your inbox).
- On the left pane, click ‘Email’ and select ‘Compose and reply’.
- Type your signature in the edit signature box under ‘Email signature’. Use the mini formatting bar to change the font type, font size, and font color. Click the image icon to insert an image file like your headshot, company logo, and social media icons to the signature.
But that’s not all.
You can use text alignment features like bullets, indents, etc. to organize your Outlook email signature.
Tip: Avoid fancy email signatures. Keep it simple and relevant. A professional Outlook email signature includes your full name, company name, contact information, and job title. Feel free to add your calendly links!
Your signature should complement your message, not overshadow it. This applies to writing cold, sales, or recruiting emails.
- Scroll down to ‘Select default signatures’. If you want your signature in new emails, pick it for 'For New Messages.' If you also want it in replies and forwards, select signature for 'For Replies/Forwards.'
- Hit ‘Save’. Your signature will automatically appear every time you draft a new message:
Optional Reading: What are the best easy to read fonts?
Outlook Email Signature Setup for Windows
- Open Outlook.
- On the View tab, select View Settings
- Select Account > Settings
- Select New signature, then give it a distinct name.
- In the editing box, type your signature, then format it with the font, color, and styles to get the desired appearance.
- Select Save when you’re done.
- With your new signature selected from the list above the editing box, go to Select default signatures and choose whether to apply the signature to new messages and to replies and forwards.
- Select Save.
Here's a walk-through video on setting up your Outlook email signature for Windows:
Outlook Email Signature Setup for Mac
- Open the Outlook email client on your Mac.
- Hover on ‘Outlook’ on the top menu bar and click ‘Preferences’.
- Select ‘Signatures’.
- In the Signatures window, click ‘Edit’ to create or edit a signature.
- Type the signature. Like the web version, you can change fonts, insert links, and add images. Hit ‘Save’ once done.
- You can see how the new email signature looks in ‘Signature Preview’. Now, look at ‘Choose default signature’. If you want your signature in new emails, pick it for the new messages in drop-down box. If you want it in replies and forwards, enable it for the replies/forwards drop-down. If not, leave it as 'None'.
You can also add different signatures by clicking the plus icon. This way, you can create different signature templates for various purposes.
How to Add Signature in Outlook App
Do you want to change or set up your Outlook signature on the go? Adding your email signature on the Outlook mobile version is simple.
Let’s look at how to add a signature in Outlook for iOS and Android.
Outlook Email Signature Setup for iOS
- Open the Outlook app on your iPhone.
- Tap the profile icon of your email account.
- Scroll down and tap the gear icon to open settings.
- Click ‘Signature’.
- Type your signature in the new signature dialog box and tap the checkmark button.
- You’ll then see what the signature looks like in future messages.
Outlook Email Signature Setup for Android
- Open the Outlook App on your Android phone.
- Tap the profile icon on the top left.
- Tap the gear icon (settings) on the bottom left of the menu.
- In the settings menu, tap the ‘Signature’ section.
- Paste your new email signature into the text box provided and then tap the tick in the top right corner to save the signature.
Looking for an Outlook alternative?
If you’re looking for an Outlook alternative, try Superhuman.
Superhuman surpasses Outlook thanks to its blazing-fast speed and streamlined design, making email management a breeze. Say goodbye to Outlook's clunky interface, and say hello to an efficient email experience.
Here’s how Superhuman works:
Worried about making the switch?
Switching from Outlook is easy and simple. Superhuman supports both Outlook and Gmail, so signing up is a breeze. No need to create new email accounts.
With automated Outlook email signatures, you can focus on writing your message, and the signature is added automatically at the end of the email. This makes your email experience quicker and smoother.
Just like Superhuman –– the fastest email experience ever made. Superhuman helps people with busy inboxes reduce email anxiety, be more responsive, and hit inbox zero. Every time.